Because nothing goes better with Boxing Day than writers!
2007 was a very messy year for the Whatever, thanks to various horrible technical difficulties that more or less wiped most of August and September off the map, in terms of entries. Be that as it may, I still managed to get off some pretty good pieces this year. Here are some of my favorites and/or most popular posts for 2007.
Incidentally, please note that if you try to comment on any entry dated before September 30, 2007, your comment will not go through. Remember those horrible technical difficulties? Right, then.
- How DRM is Like Guantanamo
- What to Know Before You Ask Me to Read Your (Unpublished) Work
- White Castle = Not Hamburgers
- The Existential Plight of Chester Chipmate
- The Scathing Review Winner, or, This May Be the Best Whatever Entry Ever
- Reader Request Week 2007 #4: The Inevitable Blackness That Will Engulf Us All
- Reader Request 2007 #5: Out of Poverty
- What Sex is Sam Berlant?
- The Dictator of Writing Announces His Decrees, Part I
- On Teens, and the Fact Their Writing Sucks
- Hey Kids! Let’s Grade Ben Myers’ Snark!
- Jesus’ Dickheads
- A Book Reading Meme
- When Stupid People Do Stupid Things, And Then Do Even Stupider Things
- How to Irritate and Annoy People in the Name of Blogging
- The Big Three
- What Authors Know About Their Characters
- Your Creation Museum Report
- The Zombie Robert Heinlein Rises From the Grave Yet Again to Annoy the Politically Correct
Not on Whatever, but worth reading anyway: Scabs and Peasants.
Have a great Christmas Eve.