Because you need to be reminded of these things, darn it!
* First, a reminder that I’m the author Guest of Honor at InConJunction, which takes place this weekend in Indianapolis. You should come. It’ll be fun, trust me. And for those of you who already know you’re coming, here’s my programming schedule:
Friday, 2pm: Sci-Fi vs. Sci-Fact: What’s real in Sci-Fi and what’s Sci-Fi in reality.
Friday, 7pm: Opening Ceremonies
Friday, 8pm: What is Our Reliance on Science?: How strongly do we lean on it or give it credence?
Friday, 9pm: Nurturing an Online Audience: How to show love and keep a relationship with online fans.
Saturday, 1pm: John Scalzi Q&A
Saturday, 7pm: John Scalzi’s Real Life Honest Money Advice: This is me doing the live show of the column I wrote on the subject earlier in the year.
And somewhere in there I think I might have a signing, but I’m not sure when that will be (and if not, you know, just find me and bring a pen). See you there.
* I finally got around to buying my membership for Denvention and a plane ticket for Denver, which is good because the convention had already given me my programming schedule. So yes, officially: I’ll be there. I also finally got around to voting for the Hugos this year; I had a hard time choosing in the Best Novel and Fan Writer categories, but finally found someone in each I could vote for (whew!). You now have exactly one week to get your vote in, so if you haven’t voted yet but plan to, you better get on that, like, now. You can vote online, which is what I did, which makes things easier.
* If you’re planning to submit an application to Viable Paradise, the one week writing workshop at which I’ll be teaching this September, you have, uh, 11 more hours to do it (as of me typing this). So, you know. Get a move on.
* Charlie’s book is out tomorrow. Buy it.
* That’s everything I can remember to remind you about at the moment. If something else comes to me (and I’m sure it will) then I’ll let you know.