One my New Year’s resolutions is to do a better job noting the books I get sent, for the edification of all y’all who are always wondering “damn, what’s new out there that I can read next, or pre-order and hover by the mailbox for?” And here’s the system I think I’m going to use:
1. If I get zero books on a particular day, then I’m not going to tell you, because really, what would I tell you? “Waaah, I got no books?” No one needs that.
2. If I get one or two books, then I’ll tweet it, as I did yesterday with the ARC of Jay Lake’s upcoming novel Pinion.
3. More than two books and I’ll do a “Just Arrived” entry, like I’m doing right this very second, because today I got four books.
That’s my plan, although usually in the case of number three there, I won’t do all this prefatory nonsense. I’m just giving you context, this one time.
In any event, what’s just arrived? I’m glad you asked!
* Except the Queen, by Jane Yolen and Midori Snyder. Two banished fairies see signs of encroaching evil. Out: 2/2/10
* The Adamantine Palace, by Stephen Deas. Debut fantasy novel. It’s got dragons! Out: 2/2/10
* State of Decay, by James Knapp. In a dystopian future, zombies do all of humanity’s dirty jobs. Out: 2/2/10
* Shadows Past, by Lorna Freeman. A new fantasy novel in the author’s Borderlands series. Out: 2/2/10