What’s eerie about it is how, save for the accent, this cat could be me when I am frustrated by my technology.
For the folks who are saying to themselves “it’s been two days and no new pictures of Daisy,” you can reset your clocks: Here she is via one of the faux-retro cameras that are all the rage on cell phones these days. Note the photo scratches! That’s your assurance of fake authenticity! The picture is of Daisy in her crate; she came crate-trained, which is actually a very good thing.
I’m also happy to say Daisy does now appear to grasp the concept that the cats are full fledged members of the family and not to be hugged using one’s teeth. The cats are still not thrilled by Daisy’s presence but seem to be accepting it with that sort of huffy exasperation they do so well. This counts as material progress, and makes me happy that we’re getting this all resolved before it actually gets cold and the cats basically stay in the house full time because, hey, it’s warm here. That would not be the time for animal personality conflicts.
Also, Daisy snores. It’s cute.
Saturday, October 30, 9 – 10am: SFWA Business Meeting
Yup, that’s it. I have no other programming other than that. Why? Because with the exception of Worldcon and Phoenix Comic Con, this is the year I decided that I was going to take a break from convention programming and just go to conventions to enjoy myself and see friends. And it’ll be my first World Fantasy Convention and I wanted to be able to get a feel for the thing.
So, when I’m not doing SFWA business I’ll be wandering about and also probably hanging around in the bar and visiting parties and so on, and I’ll also be at the awards banquet. If you see me, feel free to say hello.
Allow me to put on my SFWA presidential hat here (it’s a beanie!) and speak to those active members of SFWA reading this blog who will also be attending the World Fantasy Convention in Columbus:
1. Our annual business meeting will be taking place at World Fantasy.
2. It will be on Saturday, October 30, 9 – 10 am in a room to be announced at the convention. It takes place at that time so as not to conflict with regular convention programming.
3. If you come early (8:30 – 9:00), we will feed you. Yes! Free food! That’s the best kind of food there is! Also coffee! Because, well. 8:30 am on a Saturday.
4. If you don’t come and we don’t have a quorum, then we can’t officially have a business meeting AND THE SUN WILL COLLAPSE IN ON ITSELF. So say our top scientists. Top scientists, people.
5. So please attend the business meeting.
6. And also RSVP here, so we know how much food to have on hand, and so we can send you the agenda beforehand.
7. Also let your other SFWA active member friends who will be at World Fantasy know.
Now I’m taking off my SFWA presidential hat. Because that beanie is scratchy.