Allow me to put on my SFWA presidential hat here (it’s a beanie!) and speak to those active members of SFWA reading this blog who will also be attending the World Fantasy Convention in Columbus:
1. Our annual business meeting will be taking place at World Fantasy.
2. It will be on Saturday, October 30, 9 – 10 am in a room to be announced at the convention. It takes place at that time so as not to conflict with regular convention programming.
3. If you come early (8:30 – 9:00), we will feed you. Yes! Free food! That’s the best kind of food there is! Also coffee! Because, well. 8:30 am on a Saturday.
4. If you don’t come and we don’t have a quorum, then we can’t officially have a business meeting AND THE SUN WILL COLLAPSE IN ON ITSELF. So say our top scientists. Top scientists, people.
5. So please attend the business meeting.
6. And also RSVP here, so we know how much food to have on hand, and so we can send you the agenda beforehand.
7. Also let your other SFWA active member friends who will be at World Fantasy know.
Now I’m taking off my SFWA presidential hat. Because that beanie is scratchy.