Look! I have book tour dates!
May 10 (Tues), 7:00 PM – Dayton, OH
Books & Co
The Greene in Beavercreek
Dayton, OH 45429
May 11 (Wed), 7:00 PM – Cincinnati, OH
2692 Madison Road
Cincinnati, OH 45208
May 12 (Thurs), 7:00 PM – Columbus, OH
Ohio State Barnes & Noble
1598 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43201
May 13 (Fri), 7:00 PM – Lexington, KY
161 Lexington Green Circle
Lexington, KY 40503
May 14 (Sat), 3:00 PM – Los Angeles, CA
Barnes & Noble
10850 West Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
May 15 (Sun), 5 PM – San Francisco, CA
866 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
May 16 (Mon), 7 PM – Portland, OR
Powell’s Books at Cedar Hills Crossing
3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd.
Beaverton, OR 97005
May 17 (Tues), 7:30 PM – Seattle, WA
University of Washington Campus, Kane Hall, Room 110
Ticketed event – tickets are free with purchase of Fuzzy Nation from the University Bookstore; otherwise tickets are $5 each. Books and tickets available at Bookstore beginning
March May 10.
May 18 (Wed), 6 PM – Salt Lake City, UT
Sam Weller’s Bookstore
254 South Main Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
May 28 (Sat), 5 PM — Scottsdale, AZ
The Poisoned Pen
4014 North Goldwater Blvd # 101
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
And now, notes!
* Folks in Washington DC area: I will be in your area from May 19 through the 22nd, because I will be attending the Nebula Awards Weekend, at which, as the title suggests, SFWA will be giving away this year’s Nebula Awards. On the 20th, we’ve organized a group signing featuring some of the biggest names in science fiction, which will be open to the public. I will be participating. More details to come (remember also that you can buy a ticket for the Nebula Weekend itself, even if you are not a SFWA member).
* Folks in San Diego: I will be in San Diego in the first full week in July to teach at Clarion, and at that time will likely schedule a public reading/signing. More details on that when that’s arranged.
* Folks in Seattle: Sorry about the whole ticket thing. Out of my hands. BUT — I’ll tell you what, Seattle. Because you have to shell out $5 and/or the cost of Fuzzy Nation to see me on this tour, I AM BRINGING YOU A SPECIAL TREAT. That only Seattle will have. No, I won’t tell you yet what it is. But it will be so totally worth it. That’s a promise.
* Folks in Dayton: Just so you know, May 10 is the release date of the book and my birthday. So come to the Dayton event, and maybe there will be cake! MAYBE. Also, what do I want for my birthday? You at my release day birthday event, of course. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese?
* Folks in Los Angeles: Please note that your event is an afternoon event. COME ANYWAY.
* Folks everywhere else in the US: Yes, I agree it sucks that I am not coming to your town. No, I can’t add your city to the tour. I mean, look, I’m out on tour for two weeks straight and then after that I also have other commitments (which I may or may not be able to reveal in the near future) will also further bounce me around the US. And besides that, I’m not the one who schedules my tour. But I suspect I will have other tours, and will one day come to where you are. And in fact may even come to your house. And lurk in your bushes. You probably didn’t want to know that last part.
What will I do doing on the book tour? The basic plan is to do a little reading — probably of something new that no one has heard before — do a little Q&A and do a lot of book signing. Also, interpretive dance, some heartfelt acoustic rock stylings, and a tattoo raffle (disclaimer: not every event will feature all three of these, or even any of them. I may be lying. I am probably lying. I will read and answer questions and sign books, however). What I am saying is that I’ll be going out of my way to make sure any event of mine you go to will be the most fun you can have in a bookstore without the security video going up on YouTube. And almost certainly less sticky.
So: Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle and Salt Lake City: See you soon!