The last couple of weeks people have e-mailed me, asking, “Hey, that thing you do during the holidays? Where you team up with your local bookstore to get signed copies of your books to people? Are you going to do that again? Well? Are you? Are you? ARE YOU?!?!?”
The answer: Yes. Yes, I am. And yes are they, too. Wait, that’s not right. “Yes, they are, too.” Yoda I am not.
Good People of the United States! Once again, Jay and Mary’s Book Center, my local and awesome independent bookstore, located in Troy, Ohio, will be delighted to take your order for books which I have written, that I will then sign and/or personalize, which they will then ship to you. And all you have to do is the following:
1. Call Jay and Mary’s at their 800 number (800 842 1604) and let them know you’d like to order signed copies of my books. Please call rather than send e-mail; they find it easier to keep track of things that way.
2. Tell them which books you would like (May I recommend Fuzzy Nation? It’s especially good this year!), and what, if any, names you would like the book signed to. If there’s something specific you’d like written in the books let them know but for their sake and mine, please keep it short.
3. Order any other books you might think you’d like, written by other people, because hey, you’ve already called a bookstore for books, and helping local independent bookstores is a good thing. I won’t sign these, unless for some perverse reason you want me to, in which case, sure, why not.
4. Give them your mailing address and billing information, etc.
5. Wait by the door until everything arrives. All right, you don’t have to do this one. I realize you have family and jobs and such.
If you would like your books to arrive in time for Christmas, I and the bookstore strongly recommend you get your order in by December 12. I will sign orders for books after that date — I’ll sign any order that comes in on or before December 19 — but you run the risk of them not being able to deliver your book on time. So on or before December 12 is your target date.
Jay and Mary’s can only ship in the United States. Sorry, rest of the world. Canada, I’ll try to sign as many books as I can while I’m in you this weekend. I’ll let you know how that goes.
In case you need a recap on what of mine is available:
CURRENT HARDCOVER: Fuzzy Nation, METAtropolis, The God Engines (Note: the God Engines hardcover is going out of print, so if you want it and they have it, you better get it)
CURRENT MASS MARKET PAPERBACK: Old Man’s War, The Ghost Brigades, The Last Colony, Zoe’s Tale, The Android’s Dream, Agent to the Stars, The New Space Opera 2 (anthology; my story “The Tale of the Wicked” is in it).
CURRENT NON-FICTION: Your Hate Mail Will Be Graded (essay collection, Hugo winner), Book of the Dumb, Book of the Dumb 2 (both humor books), The Rough Guide to the Universe, second edition (Astronomy), The Rough Guide to Sci-Fi Movies (film). All my non-fiction is in Trade Paperback format.
If you have any other questions, drop them in the comment thread and I’ll try to answer them.
Happy shopping and if you do put in an order thanks for supporting my local independent bookstore. They rock, and so do you.