Plans! Dreams! Physical manifestions, in text and flesh! For 2015, here’s what I got so far.
These are confirmed, i.e., have solid publication plans/dates.
- If all goes well, sometime very soon, the videogame Midnight Star (which I did the worldbuilding for) will be available worldwide on iOS, with other platforms to follow.
- Immediately prior to Midnight Star, the prequel graphic novel Midnight Rises, which I wrote, will likewise be available, also on iOS, with other platforms following.
- The End of All Things, the new novel in the Old Man’s War universe, and the immediate followup to The Human Division, will be out mid-year, first in digital serial version and then in hardcover.
These are unconfirmed, i.e., scheduled to be written this year but no solid publication plans/dates.
- A novella, which will have its initial release on Audible as an audio presentation. Depending on when it’s done, for the second half of 2015 or first half of 2016.
- A different novella for Subterranean Press. No release date yet.
- A short story I’m co-writing with a friend, in part to see what co-writing with someone is like. It’s already claimed but I don’t know the release date.
- And, you know. I’ll probably write a science fiction novel in there, too, and it will probably come out in 2016.
These are things I’m thinking of doing/may or may not do, depending on various events falling one way or another.
- I may (co-)write a script, either for one of the shows based on my books currently under development, or just for the practice.
- Likewise, if one or more of the shows under development gets greenlit, I may be busy with executive producer duties.
- A YA novel (I’ve been thinking about this one for a while now)
- A non-fiction book, either humorous or on film. Or maybe a writing book. It’s been eight years since Coffee Shop came out. Hmmmm.
Things I won’t be doing:
- Interpretive dance.
- A musical.
- An album of classic metal songs, performed on ukulele.
As always, you can visit my Scheduled Appearances page for details. At the moment, confirmed events include Dearborn, MI, Greenville, OH, Perth and Melbourne in Australia, and Charlotte, North Carolina. It’s likely I will add Chicago and Spokane to the schedule (for Nebula Weekend and WorldCon, respectively), possibly Los Angeles (for the LA Times Book Festival) and there are a few other dates I’m mulling, but nothing else is confirmed at the moment. When they are, of course, I will let people know.
Oh, yeah: I’ll also be on a boat the first week of February.
- Schedule my time better. This is becoming increasingly important as I travel more and have more things I’d like to do.
- Exercise more. I’m getting older and I want this body to actually last.
- Write a little more here on Whatever; last year it wasn’t precisely neglected, but I at least noticed that all my travel and other events had an effect on it.
- Read more things that are not the Internet. Rumor is, I have many friends who write. Perhaps they have books I would enjoy reading.
- Indeed, do more things that don’t involve the Internet; it does feel like it sucks away a lot of my time these days.
- Family and friends: Be there for them and with them.
- Did I mention scheduling my time better? Yes, that.
So, those are the plans for 2015 at the moment. I have a whole year to see how much of it actually gets done. Looking forward to it.