Hate Mail is Done!
Another one done: Your Hate Mail Will Be Graded: Selected Writings from “Whatever,” 1998 – 2005 is off to the publisher. Here’s the (tentative) chapter listing for this one:
Introduction: Decoding Hate Mail
1. Disclaimers and Declarations
2. Waiting for Athena
3. America’s Funniest Elections
4. Jesus Loves You, Some of His Followers Maybe Not So Much
5. Let’s Get Fictional, or, Thank God Satire is Fair Use
6. Kicking the Confederacy When It’s Down
7. Imprudent and Incompetent: Our Last Two Presidents
8. 9/11 and Everything After
9. That Was the Millennium That Was
10. Civil Rights? That’s So Gay!
11. I Blame the Parents
12. Money or Lack Thereof
13. We Paid Our Quarter, Now Dance Like a Monkey: Reader Request Columns
14. The Junk Drawer, or, The Chapter of Misfit Entries
At the moment it clocks in at 99,300 words. Excellent.
Two books down for the year! Now come the books I actually have to, you know, write in order to get them done. Inconvenient, that.