The Reverend Dr. Bill Lawson compared [Ken] Lay with civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. and Jesus Christ, and said his name would eventually be cleared.
“He was taken out of the world right at the right time,” he said. “History has a way of vindicating people who have been wronged.”
10 Ways Ken Lay is Not Like Martin Luther King Jr. and/or Jesus Christ
10. When Martin Luther King, Jr., declared that he had a dream, that dream did not include a $200,000 yacht for the missus
9. Jesus’ disciples not caught on tape snickering at the prospect of grandma baking to death during an induced power outage
8. Jesus did not blame his downfall on the national media
7. Odds that Ken Lay’s birthday will be made a national holiday: really really really low
6. Ken Lay’s letters from jail not likely to have been concerned about much aside from bitching that the warden refused to allow him his favorite French-milled soap
5. Jesus crucifed; MLK assassinated; Ken Lay dead of a heart attack in his comfy vacation home in Aspen
4. Jesus threw out the money traders; Ken Lay an inside trader
3. MLK oversaw the Montgomery Bus Boycott; Lay oversaw the California Energy Crisis
2. George Bush’s nickname for Jesus unlikely to be “Christy Boy”
1. Neither Jesus nor MLK currently rotting in Satan’s duodenum
Hope that clears things up for you, Reverend Lawson.