Back on the Market: House for Rent
Posted on May 23, 2007 Posted by John Scalzi
Hey, look at that: Our house in Sterling is back on the rental market. If you or someone you know is looking for a place in the general Washington DC area, you could be living here. And, you know, loving it.
Here are the details of the house:
* 3 levels (house + full basement); house levels approx. 2300 sq. ft.
* 3 bedrooms (HUGE master bedroom is 22×12)
* 2.5 baths
* Living room is 14 X 14
* Dining room is 10 X 11
* Family room is 19 X 12
* Kitchen is 16 X 12
* Very recently refinished and carpeted basement level includes three additional rooms plus full bath plus very large workshop
* Washer/Dryer, Microwave, Dishwasher and of course standard oven and fridge
* Air conditioning/heater plus vent fan
* Carpeted floors with hardwood hallway (kitchen is tiled)
* Working fireplace
* Located on family-friendly cul-de-sac (with good neighbors)
* Close to Rt. 7, Toll Road and tons of shopping and restaurants
* Pets okay with additional deposit
* House comes with gorgeous full-sized single slate pool table
The lot is small (.11 acre) but the back opens up on a .33 acre “common area” that effectively belongs to the house (you can’t get to it except by going onto the property), so the back yard is pretty nicely-sized.
$1,850 per month (plus one month deposit); year-to-year lease. No subletting. Renter pays utilities; we pay homeowner association fee.
The house is available now (we can prorate rents).
If you’re interested, drop me an e-mail. Also feel free to share this with people you know looking for housing in the DC area.
Whatever Everyone Else is Saying