Book is due at the end of the year, which if you’ll check your calendars is six weeks away, and has some annoyingly time-consuming holiday things before it.
What this means: Whatever is a now a secondary priority. Indeed, pretty much everything that doesn’t involve me finishing the book is a secondary priority. Also secondary priorities: Eating, sleeping, bathing, shaving, keeping Athena from playing with power tools, being a pleasant human being to be around. Don’t tell my wife about those last two.
What that means for Whatever readers:
1. Whatever won’t get updated unless/until I have written a certain amount in the book daily and/or
2. You’ll get repeats from the vasty depths of the Whatever archives and/or
3. I’ll figure out some sort of audience participation thing to keep you all amused and/or
4. I’ll do some easily programmable thing that will take me fifteen minutes a day to bang out and/or
5. Some combination of any or all of the above.
I do want you all to be amused, but at the same time, you know. Book. Deadline. Gaaaaah.
Anyway, Whatever is on Deadline Schedule starting… now.