Metatropolis: Now Award-Nominated
Hey, this is very cool news: Metatropolis has been nominated for an Audie, which are the awards for audio books, handed out by the Audio Publishers Association (here’s a pdf link to the entire Audie nomination slate). We were nominated in the “Original Work” category, which of course makes perfect sense. Here’s the entire list of nominees for the category:
- Brainstorm, by Mariette DiChristina, Narrated by William Dufris, Macmillan Audio
- Louis Vuitton Soundwalk, China: Beijing, by Stephan Crasneanscki, Narrated by Gong Li, Soundwalk
- Many Things Invisible, by Carrington MacDuffie, Narrated by Carrington MacDuffie, Blackstone Audio, Inc.
- Metatropolis, by John Scalzi, Elizabeth Bear, Jay Lake, Tobias Buckell and Karl Schroeder, Narrated by Michael Hogan, Alessandro Juliani, Kandyse McClure, Scott Brick and Stefan Rudnicki, Audible, Inc.
- The New Adventures of Mickey Spillane’s Mike Hammer, by Various Writers, Narrated by Stacy Keach, Blackstone Audio, Inc.
- Sugar Pop Thoughts, by Shayna Lance, Narrated by Shayna Lance, CoolBeat Audiobooks
Naturally I’m very happy about this, and especially happy for my fellow Metatropolitans Elizabeth Bear, Tobias Buckell, Jay Lake and Karl Schroeder. A bit closer to hope, I hope this helps convince folks to at least consider Metatropolis for the Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form category for the Hugos this year — those don’t have to be all movies, you know.
If you haven’t heard Metatropolis yet, here’s a link to the audio version (it’s also on iTunes) — and for those of you who prefer text, remember there’s an upcoming hardcover edition as well. See: We’ve got you covered.