Today’s Unsexy Reminder Post
Posted on March 29, 2009 Posted by John Scalzi 11 Comments
There’s still time to get in your questions for this year’s Reader Request Week (it starts tomorrow), and if you are a Hugo nominee this year, to send along your stuff for the Hugo Voter’s Packet (which if all goes well will start going out Thursday).
No, don’t say that my sweet. You are a very sexy reminder post. Much sexier than last Thursday’s reminder post.
(waits patiently for today’s sexy reminder post)
*Shakes fist at Robert*
THIS is the sexy reminder post having a momentary self-confidence issue.
Oh, John, you tease. Where’s the sexy reminder post? You know we want it…
Speaking of unsexy, are we ever going to discover the purpse behind the posting of the picture with the feet.
I am positively tingling to find out if I chose correctly.
He’s talking about stuff in Hugo Voter Packets, and he’s pretending to not-talk sexy. Don’t believe his lies – he’s a writer, and will use his word-talking to mislead you!
Curse you and your big words… and your small, difficult words.
This reminder should sell itself short – very sexy.
Unrelated: Since you are now a mighty creative consultant on Stargate Universe (does plugging you on your own site give me some sort of plug credit for future random plugging?), what are your thoughts on this comparison:
(Is the linky thingie not working?)
It occurs to me that that difference between Stargate and the other franchise is why I prefered only those ST series where they flogged the PD more often (so not Next Gen).
At 8 should’ve read: ‘should not sell itself short’
I read Heinlein’s juveniles from a Midwestern middle school library — but I was already 20, and that was a long time ago.
Garth Nix writes good books. Diane Duane’s may be getting dated even as she writes them. I’m not sure. The Jupiter series is only a few years old, and the ones I read were pretty good.
My son may have been an oddity. When he was in 5th grade he demanded to see my summer reading stuff from when I was in 5th grade. 25% of our choices were identical. The other 75% represented generational and gender drift.