Just Arrived, 4/14/10
Here’s what’s new on my desk today:
* Sandman Slim, by Richard Kadrey (Eos): The paperback version of the popular novel featuring a hitman from Hell. No, actually from Hell. We’re not trafficking in metaphors here. Hardcover’s been out for a bit; this paperback version will be out on the 27th of this month.
* Teeth of Beasts, by Marcus Pelegrimas (Eos): Third book in the supernatural “Skinners” series, in which various were-beasties and other monstrosities are afflicted with a mysterious disease. Is this good for regular mortals — or a harbinger of bad times ahead? Also out April 27.
* Lord of the Changing Winds, by Rachel Neumeier (Orbit): One day, it’s just another day in your peaceful, boring little village, and the next — griffins everywhere! And they need a healer! Looks like life just more interesting for our protagonist Kes. Out in May.
* Who Fears Death, by Nnedi Okorafor (DAW): Nnedi Okorafor’s first novel written for the adult market, taking place in a future, post-apocalyptic Africa, in which young woman holds the fate of her tribe in her hands. Out June 1.
* Among Others, by Jo Walton (Tor): This one’s hard to explain except to note that a) it’s a fantasy quasi-autobiography and b) it’s really quite lovely. And c) you’ll have to wait until January 2011 to read it, sorry. But if you’re a Jo Walton fan (or would like to be) it’s worth the wait.