Some Things I’m Likely to Do in 2011
Yesterday I posted an entry on some things I’d like to do, creatively speaking, and it appears to have thrown at least a couple of people into a concern spiral that I was leaving science fiction forever. Relax, folks. As noted in the entry, those things were aspirational and not officially on the schedule. What is on the schedule for me for 2011? Well, at the moment we have the following.
1. A novel: Because wouldn’t you like to have one from me in 2012? Sure you would. No, I won’t give you any details about the novel, because that’s not how I roll. I will say, however, that it is not an OMW novel. Nor is it in the Android’s Dream universe. Again: Relax, folks, I’ll probably get back to both at some point. I figure you’ll like where I’m taking you, however. And yes, it will be science fiction.
2. A novella: Because I like the length and I have a story I think will fit the length. As with the novel, no additional information yet.
3. A SUPER SEEKRIT PROJECT: I can tell you nothing about this other than it does exist, I’ve been working on it for some time and when you find out about it your head will explode from the coolness of it. Don’t bother trying to fish for clues in the comments, I really cannot tell you anything about it now.
4. Book tour: I will wander the length and breadth of the land, promoting Fuzzy Nation. We’re still scheduling dates and places. Obviously I will tell you more about that when it happens.
5. Teaching at Clarion: That will be in July. If you’re an aspiring writer interested in science fiction and fantasy, there’s still time to apply.
In addition, I will continue to be president of SFWA for at least half the year, which will also be keeping me busy in a number of ways. I also will be doing other writing, including my Filmcritic.com column and of course my usual blatheration here. And, I’ll be GoH at two science fiction conventions and visiting at least couple others.
So in all, 2011 is already pretty well scheduled out — enough so that I’m already scheduling 2012. It’s nice to be busy.