Tor is Looking for a Senior Publicist
I don’t generally post job ads on Whatever, but on the other hand I think the people in the Tor publicity department are generally awesome people, and they’re looking for a new senior publicist who gets the kind of world they work in (i.e., Nerds! Lasers! Dragons!) and it seems like, I don’t know, some of you might be into that, or know someone qualified who is.
So here’s a job ad for a senior publicist position at Tor Books. If you’re interested and(!) you meet the job requirements, you can contact Patty Garica, Tor’s Director of Publicity, at email@example.com.
Tor/Forge Books seeks a highly-motivated and creative Senior Publicist to join its publicity team. The ideal candidate will have four to five years publicity experience, possess excellent writing and organizational skills, have relationships with key print, broadcast and electronic media, and have a successful track record in publicizing a variety of genres, including gaming. Knowledge of WoT a plus.
- Develop and execute publicity plans and work closely with high profile authors
- Securing media coverage (broadcast, print, online)
- Liaising with and writing press announcements for major gaming properties
- Booking and coordinating author tours and events
- Active role with monthly #Torchat on Twitter; includes topics for discussion, releases and moderating
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong relationships with key broadcast, print and electronic media
- Active Twitter presence and/or social media outreach
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently
- Experience multitasking while working in a fast paced, energetic environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Occasional travel one to two times a year
- Knowledge of gaming industry a plus
- Minimum of four years book publicity experience