The Whatever Presidential Endorsements: Add Yours Here
I’ve made my endorsement for president this year, and I know many of you would be interested in making endorsements of your own. So, here: Have a comment thread to endorse your own favorite: Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Gary Johnson, or anyone else you have a mind to endorse to Whatever’s 50,000 or so daily readers.
But first! Instructions:
1. The thread is for making endorsements only; don’t pop in to criticize someone else’s choice or otherwise argue. To that end, one posting per person, please. Also, I will snip out any posts that are not endorsements.
2. Confine your endorsements to people who are actually on ballots and that others can vote for. The person doesn’t have to be on every state ballot, but needs to be on at least one.
3. Speak primarily to why you’re voting for the candidate of your choice, rather than using the space to slag the other candidates (it’s fine to note your criticisms of other candidates, just don’t have it as a focus).
4. Use civil language, please. If you need a guide in this regard, imagine you’re writing the endorsement for a major newspaper and try to emulate that. Remember that other people here will read your endorsement, so who knows? Maybe you’ll convince someone.
5. You can use links but if you use more than a couple your piece will probably be sent to the moderation queue. If that happens, don’t panic. I’ll release it when I go through the comments.
6. This thread is not limited only to US citizens, but if you are not a US citizen, it’d be lovely if you would note that fact, if only so readers are aware how the US elections play outside the country’s own citizenry.
Got it? Excellent.
Now, tell us: Who do you endorse and why?