Announcing the “Rip-Off!” Audio Anthology: You Pick the Cover
I’m not sure I mentioned this here before, but I am one of the authors featured in a new audio anthology called Rip-Off! that’s coming from Audible this December 18th. The idea behind the anthology is kind of cool: noted science fiction and fantasy authors take the first line of a well-known work of literature and from that spin off a whole new story. It’s edited by the estimable Gardner Dozois. Here’s the line up of authors and their stories:
- “Fireborn” by Robert Charles Wilson
- “The Evening Line” by Mike Resnick
- “No Decent Patrimony” by Elizabeth Bear
- “The Big Whale” by Allen M. Steele
- “Begone” by Daryl Gregory
- “The Red Menace” by Lavie Tidhar
- “Muse of Fire” by John Scalzi
- “Writer’s Block” by Nancy Kress
- “Highland Reel” by Jack Campbell
- “Karin Coxswain”, or, “Death as She Is Truly Lived” by Paul Di Filippo
- “The Lady Astronaut of Mars” by Mary Robinette Kowal
- “Every Fuzzy Beast of the Earth, Every Pink Fowl of the Air” by Tad Williams
- “Declaration” by James Patrick Kelly
Also, before you ask, yes, my story in this anthology is read by Wil Wheaton. Because Wil’s awesome that way, that’s why. Other narrators include Scott Brick, Stefan Rudnicki, Allyson Johnson and Dina Pearlman. It’s a great line-up of writers and narrators, basically.
And there’s an audience participation portion: Audible wants you to choose which of the three proposed covers up there you like the best. Follow this link to the contest’s Facebook entry to cast your vote. Remember, go to that link, don’t leave your votes here, because leaving your votes here won’t count. And then you’ll be sad.
More details about this anthology are forthcoming; I’ll keep you up to date on it.