Redshirts Nominated for the Kurd Laßwitz Preis
This is excellent news: Redshirts has been nominated for the Kurd Laßwitz Preis this year, in the category of Best Foreign Novel. The Kurd Laßwitz Preis is arguably the German language’s highest science fiction award, so getting a nod for it always makes me a very happy author (winning is nice, too; I won one a couple of years ago from the German translation of The Android’s Dream).
- Kevin J. Anderson und Doug Beason, Trinity (The Trinity-Paradox)
- Paolo Bacigalupi, Schiffsdiebe (Ship Breaker)
- David Brin, Existenz (Existence)
- Ted Chiang, Die Hölle ist die Abwesenheit Gottes (Short story collection)
- Peter Dehmel (Ed.): Die Erde und die Außerirdischen (Short story collection)
- Ian McDonald, Cyberabad (River of Gods)
- China Miéville, Stadt der Fremden (Embassytown)
- John Scalzi, Redshirts (Redshirts)
- Robert Charles Wilson, Vortex (Vortex) (Spin-Trilogie, Band 3)
My very bad German tells me the winner will be announced in November, but that’s fine, as this is good company to keep in the meantime. I would also like to take a moment to thank my translator Bernhard Kempen, who clearly continues to do an excellent job of making me comprehensible to my German readers. Danke, Bernhard!
And congratulations to my fellow nominees!