Whatever Best of 2013
Christmas Eve is the time I take a look at my writing on Whatever to see what pieces I wrote that I liked, that others liked, and that had the most impact out there on the Intarweebs. For this year, this is the list, arranged chronologically.
- The State of a Genre Title, 2013
- A Personal History of Libraries
- Roger Ebert, RIP
- How to Be a Good Fan
- Women and Geekdom
- Apologies: What, When and How
- How I Keep Myself Amused on Long Flights
- Guilt, Mine, and Paying it Forward, Me
- My New Convention Harassment Policy
- Boycotts, Creators and Me
- There Shall Your Heart Be Also
- A Creator’s Note to “Gatekeepers”
- The Fatberg Saga, By John Scalzi and Paul Sabourin
- These Are a Few of My Favorite Things, On Tiers
- To the Dudebro Who Thinks He’s Insulting Me By Calling Me a Feminist
- Speech, Conversation, Debate, Engagement, Communication
- The 10 SF/F Works That Mean the Most to Me
- The Aftermess
- Don’t Live For Your Obituary
I also raised some money this year, which was nice.
In all, an interesting year for Whatever. Let’s see what 2014 brings.