It's times like this when I muse on the wisdom of Paul McCartney, when he sang "Jude Jude Judy Judy Juda Juda WOW WOWWOW." Think about it.
— John Scalzi (@scalzi) December 26, 2014
I spent a lot of time on Twitter in 2014, partly because I traveled quite a lot this year, and partly because Twitter is just kinda fun. Every now and again I would go on a multitweet spree on something, or have an interesting twitter conversation, which I would then repost on Whatever for posterity, and for the amusement of the folks who don’t actually use or enjoy Twitter. Here are some of them. They range from silly to serious, i.e., pretty much like Whatever itself. Enjoy. These are in (somewhat) chronological order.
- My Totally 22% – 50% Gay Adventure On Twitter Today
- THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (featuring Chris Kluwe)
- The Saga of Bob and Vlad (featuring Tom Tomorrow)
- Because I Like Helping!
- Traitor to the Mens
- How I Keep Myself Amused on Long Flights, Part II: The Gremlining
- John Scalzi Gets It (note: this series of tweets was actually compiled by someone else and went viral on Tumblr. I’m linking to her original Tumblr post)
- A Series of Tweets Regarding My Own Personal Sexism
- In Which the Twitters Play On My Lawn
- On the Subject of Who Can’t Win a Hugo Today
- The Most Terrifying Alarm Clock a Teen Can Have
- This is How You Handle Arbitrary Milestones on Social Media
- Posting for Posterity
- Author Feuds
- Ruining Science Fiction With Glitter: The Scalzi Chronicles
- My Thoughts This Morning on GamerGate
- Popping In
- #TeamFatherDaughterTwitterExchanges (featuring Athena Scalzi)
- What Am I Up To? Oh, Nothing, Just Starting Fires on Twitter
- Worst Date in 5 Words
Also, in case you don’t know, you can find me on Twitter here.