Whatever Best of 2021
2021 was an interesting year for me in terms of writing here; it was a year with a lot of round number anniversaries, plus the ongoing COVID pandemic, plus, you know, creeping authoritarianism. These themes are reflected in this annual Christmas Eve “best of” list, although there are other topics as well, just to, you know, keep things jazzy. A solid list, for a shaky year. Here’s to better 2022 for all of us.
- 20 Years in Ohio
- 30 Years of Being a Professional Writer
- American Fascism
- An Actual Party of Death, Now
- And Now, the Latest Scalzi Acquisition
- Biden at 100 Days: Boring as a Secret Weapon
- But What If We Didn’t
- Does Money Satisfy?
- Dune: A Review
- General Unstructured Thoughts on “Being Cancelled”
- How Bad Should We Feel When the Willfully Unvaccinated Die?
- On Being Ever-So-Slightly Ahead of the Curve, Infrastructure-Wise
- Phone Thoughts in 2021
- Teaching “The Classics”
- Ten Years of Fuzzy Nation
- The Secret to Portraiture
- Things I Am Thankful For, 2021 Edition
- Thoughts on a Plague Year
- Thoughts on the “Debarkle”
- The Unlamented Man